Elgin, IL Furnace Maintenance
Providing Reliable Furnace Maintenance Since 1983
As your furnace ages, it loses efficiency and may break down or stop working completely. Amy Home Services offers the highest standard of service for furnace maintenance and furnace repair in Elgin and surrounding communities. Our second generation family-owned company has served the needs of our customers for more than 33 years and we guarantee your satisfaction with our service.
Call (847) 239-5771 today to schedule your furnace repair in Elgin. We are available 24/7!
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
When the winter time hits in Illinois, it's important that you have a properly working furnace to get you through the cold. The last thing that you want to happen is for your furnace to not work when you turn it on for the first time. Fortunately, there are signs you can watch out for that indicate it's time for repairs.
Some of the common signs your furnace needs repairs include:
- Increased energy bills: When something is wrong with your furnace, it will usually have to work harder to meet the temperature you desire. When it works harder, it will use more energy, causing your bills to skyrocket.
- Not enough heat: Has your furnace stopped generating hot air? First, check your thermostat. If it's set correctly, then the reason for the lack of heat could be due to a clogged filter, a clogged burner, a faulty motor, or a broken thermostat.
- Frequent cycling: Your furnace will cycle on when the temperature dips below the one set on your thermostat. If you notice that your furnace is cycling on and off frequently, you need to call us in for repairs. It could be due to a clogged filter, broken thermostat, or improper air circulation. Additionally, units that are too large or too small for your heating needs will frequently cycle on and off. That's why it's important to invest in professional installation.
- Odd noises: It's normal for your furnace to make slight noises as it operates, but if you notice that it's making loud banging, humming, clanking, or groaning noises, it's in need of repairs.
- Bad smells: It's normal for you to smell burning or musk when you first start your furnace up after not using it during the summer. But if you continue to smell these, give us a call.
- Uneven heating: Does one room in your home feel icy cold despite the furnace running? If your furnace isn't producing even heating throughout your home, it is in need of repair.
Solutions for Furnace Problems
Our heating technicians have the training, skill, and tools to solve problems with all makes and models of residential and light commercial equipment. We stock our service trucks with the most common parts, so we are able to quickly fix the problem and restore your heat. Because furnace problems often happen suddenly and without warning, we offer repair service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We can repair all sorts of furnace issues, including:
- Pilot light ignition problems
- Belt and blower problems
- Clogged air filters
- Adjustments and cleanings
- Thermostat issues
Why Furnace Maintenance Matters
Just like your car and other mechanical equipment, heating equipment needs to be maintained. When furnaces are not properly maintained, they are more likely to break down as they age. Our Elgin furnace maintenance technicians offer annual tune-ups and maintenance for all types of furnaces. During the maintenance visit, they will assess the condition of your equipment to ensure that it is ready for winter.
Annual furnace maintenance provides the following benefits:
- Ensure that your system is ready for winter
- Prevent unexpected equipment breakdown
- Improve energy efficiency
- Reduce energy costs
- Possibly extend the life of your system
So, whether you need your furnace repaired or tuned-up, you can rely on the Elgin furnace maintenance professionals at Amy Home Services. We offer the best quality service from licensed, bonded, and insured technicians. If you have an emergency that requires immediate attention, give us a call to schedule a service any time of the day or night.
Request additional information about our Elgin furnace repair and maintenance and schedule an appointment today.
Trained & Drug Tested Team Members
Licensed & Insured Technicians
Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau
3rd Generation Home Improvement Pros
Available 24/7 for Emergency Services
Backed by 35+ Years of Experience
“They were very fast in coming to fix our broke water pipe when it burst. And Brad the plumber is fantastic. Every time he comes ou ...”- Marie McPherson
“I appreciate Amy's Home Services.”- Lisa Alvernia-Kopetsky
“Very responsive”- Happy Customer